Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spinach Dip

One of my favorite cook books when I started to really get into food was Vineyard Seasons by Susan Branch, I was 15 years old. Her recipes touched me in a way I can't really explain. The books she writes have great little quotes and fun pictures, all hand done. They are simple but everyone I've tried has been so good. I wanted to share one that I still use for home and catering.

Spinach is such a healthy food and this recipe is very simple and yummy. You can serve it with vegetables or French bread. Note that you can soak the onions in a little water for and hour or so to cut the sharpness of it.

Spinach Dip

1 10oz. pkg. chopped spinach. (frozen & thawed) ~ I use fresh and lightly wilt it.
1 1/2 c. sour cream ~ I use light Tillamook
1/2 c. Mayonnaise ~ I make homemade because I try to avoid canola oil but store bought works.
1/2 c. Minced Red Onion ~ Like I said earlier I soak the onions first.
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce ~ I like Tabasco for this, add more if you want it spicier.
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients, mix well, cover and chill.

You can make this a day ahead of time. It's one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day!



No comments:

Post a Comment